Monday, April 23, 2012

Technique to do Parallel Parking



Next month (next week) I'll attend my JPJ test...
During my pre test (QTI) I passed the test..
I did very well on the slope test and 3 point turn test...
However, I didn't do well at side parking...

I'd like to share you guys the effective technique to do parallel parking or side parking...
Well, because I myself was bad a bit at it...

This steps also help me to prepare myself to be confidence during the test soon...

The side parking technique that I am about to expose to you in this article is taken from the Weekender magazine, a rather well known British publication in the 1960’s.

To do the side parking in towns, the writer advised us the following steps.


Step 1

Drive your car parallel to the car in front. The back of your car should ideally be in line with the car beside yours.


Step 2

Turn your entire steering to the left.


Step 3

Reverse your car until it is at an angle of 45 degrees position.


Step 4

Straighten your steering wheel.


Step 5

Reverse slowly, looking at your left hand side mirror. Stop, the moment the left hand mirror reaches the tail lights of the car in front of you.


Step 6

Turn your steering all to the right, adjusting your steering accordingly as you slowly reverse into the parking lot. Of course, initially, you might need a few practices before you become adept at side parking. You might even need to move your car a few times forward or backwards as you adjust and re-adjust your movements.






Hopefully, this technique of side parking which was learnt from the Weekender magazine will be of some help to you.

No comments: